Statistics Fundamentals for Business Analytics
The course is divided into five parts:
- Introduction to the world of statistics: In this module, we will get acquaint with the definition, types, charactestics and functions of statistics.
- Data Collection, Sampling Techniques and Data Presentation: In this module, we will learn about data types, data collection methods and sampling types. Subsequently, an understanding around data visualisation will be discussed.
- Measures of Central Value: This part will essentially include Types of series, mode, median and various kinds of mean. An understanding around creating smaller data sets through novel concepts of quartiles, deciles and percentiles will be brought through live data sets.
- Measures of Dispersion : Key statistical concepts while leveraging live data sets through a popular industry tool MS Excel. The topics to be practically covered are Range, Deviation, Types of Correlation, Regression Model Building etc.
- Bonus chapter: Inclusion of some indispensable concepts required for a Business analytst.
The course instructor is Dr. Devesh Bathla, who is an industry practitioner of business analytics.
He has been working in the business analytics industry for the last 10 years. He's worked with Virgin group, Tata group, Vodafone and Aditya Birla group companies. His day job includes implementing business decisions using analytics.
Over the past few years, he's an adjunct professor of practice for analytics at various B-schools of repute where he teaches on weekends.
Rest assured of a great learning experience with Devesh, practicing one of the best Statistics learning techniques for business analytics ; and the best Business and Data Analytics Focused School - Yoda Learning.